Information obligation after obtaining the personal data of the data subjects pursuant to Art. 13 of the European Parliament and Council Regulation No. 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive No. 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (‘GDPR’).
Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice, with its registered office at Šrobárova 2, 041 80 Košice, the Slovak Republic, CRN: 00 397 768 (hereinafter referred to as “UPJŠ”), is the operator processing your personal data. UPJŠ has the status of a public higher education institution within the meaning of Law Act No. 131/2002 Coll. on Higher Education Institutions and on Amendments to Certain Law Acts, as amended, which is considered to be the operator even if your personal data are processed by the UPJŠ Faculties and/or UPJŠ university units.
The purpose of processing the personal data: Your personal data will be processed solely for the purpose of registration for and participation in the conference.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data: The operator is authorized to process personal data to the extent necessary for the intended purpose pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) (b) GDPR. The provision of personal data serves to ensure the organization and implementation of the venture. It is essential for administration that you provide us with your personal data as required in the application form, otherwise you will not be allowed to attend the conference.
Retention period: The operator shall archive and keep the personal data of the data subject for a period determined by the applicable legislation and internal regulations of the operator.
There is no automated decision making at UPJŠ including profiling given in Art. 22 (1) to (4) GDPR.
As a data subject, you shall have the rights set out in the GDPR as to processing your personal data. You may exercise those rights by applying to our person in charge by sending an application, either electronically or in writing: email@example.com
As a data subject, you shall in particular have the following rights:
- 1) The right to request access to your personal data under Article 15 of the GDPR Regulation that we process about you. This right includes the right to confirm that we are processing the personal data about you, the right to access such data, and the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we are processing about you, if technically feasible;
- 2) The right to correct and complete your personal data pursuant to Article 16 of the GDPR Regulation if we are processing incorrect or incomplete personal data about you;
- 3) The right to delete your personal data pursuant to Article 17 of the GDPR Regulation;
- 4) The right to restrict the processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 18 of the GDPR Regulation;
- 5) The right to data transferability pursuant to Article 20 of the GDPR Regulation;
- 6) As a data subject, you shall also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority, which is the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic pursuant to Section 100 of the Personal Data Protection Law Act.
More details on your rights may be found at https://www.upjs.sk/verejnost-media/informacie-pre-verejnost/ochrana-osobnych-udajov/
Consent to the Disclosure of Photographs
Consent by the person concerned within the meaning of Regulation (EC) No. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive No. 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (‘GDPR’).
In accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR, I hereby grant my consent to Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice, Šrobárova 2, 041 80 Košice (hereinafter referred to as “the operator”) for processing my effigy (photograph) and its disclosure on the organizer’s website, in the journals issued by the operator and other printed or electronic media processed by the operator to promote the venture.
I grant this consent for a period of 5 years from the end of the venture. I understand that granting the consent is voluntary. I may withdraw my consent at any time by sending a letter of withdrawal of the consent to the operator’s address or electronically. The withdrawal of the consent shall become effective as of the date of its delivery. I have been advised of the rights provided for in Chapter III of the Data Subject’s Rights which govern the obligations of the operator in exercising the rights of the data subjects.